Hello! Thank you for taking a look at my website. I’m an interiors writer, editor and stylist with a passion for craft and DIY, vintage finds and country living. I’ve spent the last 10+ years working for homes and interiors magazines (both in print and online) and am currently the Editor of Houzz UK & Ireland and a monthly columnist for the Metro newspaper.
Craft has always been my one true love and over the years I’ve presented craft videos for a range of clients including Housetohome, Hobbycraft and Marks & Spencer and had a lot of fun doing so.
My aim is to make style simple for everyone and I chose the name of my blog to reflect my desire to simplify the process of home style. I’ve spent the last two years renovating my 1970s bungalow on a shoestring budget, so in that time I’ve had to become pretty nifty with a paintbrush and a staplegun! I quickly realised that DIY and craft projects are not only cost effective, they’re also really fun and much easier than you might think. I’ve tried to document the journey on my blog and to share any tips and tricks I’ve picked up along the way to help you on your own DIY quest.
- Named one of the Most Influential People on Twitter by Decorex in 2014 (yikes!)
- Shortlisted in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2016 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Nominated in the Best Craft & DIY blog in 2015 category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- Named one of the Top 100 Craft Bloggers of 2014 (by Queen Kirstie Allsopp, no less.)
- Part of the Winning Housetohome Team in 2012 when we were named Website of the Year at the IPC Media Awards.
Want to chat? Click here to get in touch